I’ve got another picky baby/toddler muffin recipe for you! I was pretty excited with how quickly Zeke took to these muffins after needing a few batches of the Banana, Avocado, Apple Muffins to finally accept them. And this one IS most definitely approved by my little picky eater! (Cue the balloons & confetti!!)
My kids and I think the vibrant, green color of these muffins is pretty fun. You can get creative with what your family calls them by playing on the green color. I’ve decided to dub these simply, “Spinach Muffins” in our house, just to help open their minds to the possibility of appreciating spinach in other forms. (aka: Spinach is not a word to be feared!)
Despite how much spinach is in this recipe, the muffins really do taste like a treat… a cinnamon-y little lump of happiness. I hope your family likes these as much as mine does!
If there’s a recipe that you love making for your own picky eater please share with us in the comments below! Also, let us know how this one works out for you!
SWEET SPINACH MUFFINS
makes: 18 full size muffins | about 48 mini muffins*
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large banana
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease your muffin tray.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter. In a blender, food processor OR with an immersion blender, blend the wet ingredients until completely puréed.
- Pour the purée into the bowl with the dry ingredients and gently fold together just until combined. Resist the temptation to over-mix!
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan and bake for 18-22 minutes. When done the muffins should be firm to the touch and not quite browning.
- Cool before serving.
∗ My mini muffins took about 11 minutes to bake.
» I suggest storing these in the fridge.
» Make those 48 mini muffins and freeze a bunch of them for later! Just let them sit at room temperature to thaw.
Original recipe from: superhealthykids.com. Check this site out for lots of help in feeding your family well!